Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Have we been properly introduced?

For a person who usually lets the rules rule, I realize that I started posting without telling you all one dang thing about me. Ann asked us to do that and I promptly ignored her. I'm Laura Starnik. Ann Hogsett is my great friend and former colleague at Liggett Stashower. Vivian and I used to work together there, too. Hi, Viv. And I was one of the LS reader volunteers at Susan's school. Hi, Susan.

During my life at Liggett, I was a "suit". After my unfortunate defenestration from the agency I worked at National City. Long story short I became the copywriter for their creative services group. Go figure. Go Artist's Way! Now I'm "freelancing" (thank you PNC), which means I spend a lot of time on the elliptical machines at the YMCA. I am also an actor, busy on the local theatre scene. I actually feel empowered to say that now. Maybe The Artist's Way had something to do with that. Anyway, I know I'm not making it up.

This is my third stint with The Artist's Way. Wait until you get to the part about synchronicity.

One of the things I attribute to the exploration is my appreciation for all the artists in my life: my fireman husband who creates beauty all around our home, my brilliant writer friends, and photographers and the many musicians - lyricists, pianists, singers, guitarists, and a trumpeter, an oboist and a couple of producers. And of course the many wonderful actors and directors I'm constantly learning from. They're all around. Possibly stealing your parking space. Plus all the other characters that I encounter every day making their way in the world. Why just the other day I was talking to this guy from Ireland who ran an Irish import store...

No comments:

Post a Comment