Friday, January 22, 2010

Artist Date - note to self

Here's my first post.... by way of short introduction . . . former musician, former Telarc producer/editor, former employed person, current wife and mother of 2, current embarkation on new reality, currently happy.

Just wanted to tell you all that I had hoped to take myself on my first artist date to Spaces Gallery. I get emails from them and had never been, so here was my chance! They were between exhibits and preparing for the next so they were closed - doh! Note to self: make sure the destination of my artist date is open! So I went to Old Stone Church instead. Improvisation has its merit!

I am not a native Clevelander (although I've lived here for 25 years...) and am going to discover Cleveland on my artist dates. I'm really excited to go places I've never been. I've been wanting to do this for a while now, and TAW (and Annie!) have given me the perfect excuse. So I welcome any "best kept secrets". . . .

2 comments:

  1. I was just mentioning to Vicky that the Westside Market is a great artist date, in spite of what I said about "grocery shopping." I'm going to go there this time.

    And congrats on "currently happy." Happy is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the Westside Market. Used to go their weekly with a friend - before kids! Time to revisit - thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete